Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, April 03, 2014

Cards for Charity

I have been blessed with much. A comfortable life, a loving husband, and healthy kids. There are a couple of charities that I support regularly with cash donations, but I've always wanted to do more.

So I'm particularly excited to be part of a group of blogging (and crafting) mamas who are making and selling cards in support of the Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS). MINDS is one of the oldest and largest non-governmental organisations that cater to needs of people with intellectual disabilities in Singapore, running special education schools, employment development centres, training and development centres and homes to serve this purpose. Deborah visited MINDS last December to get a glimpse of the work done by MINDS to give the intellectually disabled the means to participate as fully in society as possible and you can read more about it and the good work that MINDS does here.

If you know me, you'll know that I'm no scrapper. I'm constantly befuddled by the thousands of options and embellishments and it gives me brain freeze! But for this project, and with the advice and encouragement of some of the more seasoned scrappers around me, I've stepped out of my comfort zone and managed to put together some cards which I hope you will like! These can be used as birthday cards, general greeting cards, thank you cards or for Mother's Day, which will be coming up in just over a month.

MindsCards1(SOLD)

MindsCards2(SOLD)

MindsCards3 (SOLD)

MindsCards4(SOLD)

MindsCards5(SOLD)

Each card measures 6"x6" and comes with fitted envelopes (not pictured). Handmade with love, these can be purchased at the very reasonable price of only $2.50 per card! All proceeds from the sale of these cards will go directly to MINDS. Please do support this worthy cause!

If you have any queries or would like to order a card, do e-mail me at mysmallthings@gmail.com. I will be happy to customise an order (change greetings, use different colours), within reason of course, and subject to the materials I have at hand. I will be uploading pictures of more cards on my Facebook Page soon so do check back for more!

Do also drop by these other pages to see the beautiful cards other mums are selling in support of this project:

1. A Juggling Mom
2. A Pancake Princess
3. Mama Wear Papa Shirt
4. Mum In The Making
5. Owls Well

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...