Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, May 02, 2014

Get Hooked on Fish & Co's Mother's Day Platter

Here's a friendly public service announcement: In case you haven't yet realised it, Mother's Day is just around the corner!

I must admit that I never truly appreciated all that my Mum did - and is still doing - for me until I became a mum myself. That's the way it is with most kids, isn't it? You just tend to take your parents and the things they do for you for granted. That's definitely something that I'm still working to correct. 

So when Fish & Co recently held an early Mother's Day event, I decided that who I really wanted to bring along was my Mum and not my kids. In fact, I decided to leave the kids at home to spend some proper quality time with my mother, and I asked my sister along to make it a girls' night out. 

It was the first time in a while that I'd been to the Fish & Co outlet at the glass house beside Park Mall, and I'd forgotten what a charming location it is. My mum teased me about how she and my Dad used to bring my siblings and I to this same glass house in its previous incarnation as TGI Friday's and I think she appreciated the fact that it was I who was the one bringing her back there this time for a treat at Fish & Co.

That night, we were treated to Fish & Co's latest addition to the menu just for Mother's Day: the Mom's Platter.

FishnCo1

Featuring generous portions of succulent king prawns, juicy scallops, calamari and more regular prawns, all deliciously grilled, the Mom's Platter also includes Fish & Co's very own unique creation of curry butter clams. All these served on a bed of servings of their signature paella rice and chips. If you enjoy their Seafood Platter (like I do), this is definitely an upgraded and upsized version of that. All three of us enjoyed it and I especially liked not having any little hands around to fight me for the chips.

The Mom's Platter filled the three of us nicely and but if you've got a heartier appetite than we do, aside from ordering other side dishes, you can also pick some of Top Ups to add to your dish like Grilled Giant Squid, Crab Cake, Swordfish Collar, or Scallop

FishnCo2

It was a great evening, as we got to enjoy yummy food and enjoy good uninterrupted conversation for a couple of hours. That we got to dress up for pictures at the Fabfoto photo booth and get a cartoon caricature of ourselves done was a bonus.

FishnCo4

FishnCo3

Fish & Co's Mom's Platter will be available from 4 May to 11 May 2014, at all Fish & Co outlets. Priced at $65, it is ideal for sharing and is suitable for up to 3 pax. What's more, in appreciation of all mothers, Fish & Co will be offering a complimentary Fish & Co membership with every purchase of a Mom's Platter. Membership perks include 15% points rebate on your spending all year round (20% points rebate in your birthday month), and priority reservations, amongst other things. It sounds pretty good to me! 

From this bunch of zany blogger mums to you, Happy Mother's Day! And thanks Fish & Co for the treat!

FishnCo5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...