Powered by Blog - Widget


Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Melbourne 2014: Great Ocean Road

When the husband and I decided to bring the family to Melbourne, we decided that a Great Ocean Road (GOR) road trip was a must. The only problem was that the GOR lay on the west of Melbourne, and everything else we wanted to visit lay on the east. We were fortunate in that we had time, so we were able to fit in a couple of days of driving. And it was well worth it.

Our itinerary for the GOR wasn't intentionally child-friendly, like most of the rest of our holiday was. Instead, this portion of the holiday was for us -- it was us bringing the kids along to see what we wanted to see. So we skipped the farms and what we got were scenic sights as we did a short trek to a waterfall, a lighthouse visit, and visited some awe-inspiring rocks. Not what we usually do with kids in tow but I dare they they enjoyed it. The best part for me was road tripping with my husband next to me as I scrolled through his devices for music that we could all sing or bop along to as we drove. THAT was just like old times. Some of our best holidays were enjoyed on the road when we have the luxury to chat and it was good recapturing some of that on this trip.

GORBlog5Road tripping with my sweetie!

GORBlog4Someone wants is ready to take over the wheel -- I think not, little lady!

It's my turn on petite travellers and I've shared more details about our GOR road trip there, so do hop over to read it if you haven't! Here's the link: Great Ocean Road: A Piece of Victorias Natural Beauty.

In the meantime, here are some more pictures to share.

GORBlog6Erskine Falls.

GORBlog7Obligatory family shot to prove that we made it there!

GORBlog10This way to Teddy's Lookout.

GORBlog11Endless sea on the left of the lookout.

GORBlog8We tried going up the road towards Kennett River to see wild koalas but we encountered were sweet little wild wallabies instead.

GORBlog9Beautiful and serene Cape Otway Lightstation

GORBlog13Some of the treacherous rocks off Cape Otway.

GORBlog14Mei shows me how to work it!

GORBlog12The Twelve Apostles (some of them at least!)

GORBlog15My kiddy models, looking like angels.

All in all, a fun road trip. I hope it will not be another 26 years before I visit the GOR again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...