Powered by Blog - Widget


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Play, Eat and Shop at ToTT Bistro

When it comes to shopping, nothing gets my heart beating as quickly as a kitchen and homeware store. It's true -- just ask my husband, the one who hastily tries to steer me away from more pots and crockery and gadgets that we don't have the space for!

So, as you can guess, ToTT is one of my favourite places to browse. It's huge and because you can find everything you need under one roof, I've made many impromptu stops there to pick up baking essentials, crockery, party serveware, containers and other bits and bobs over the course of the past four years.

One thing that I've always been a bit disappointed with is the Bistro which I felt could serve a wider variety of food, given its location in such a food haven! Fortunately, the good folks at ToTT have realised this and have given the menu a recent revamp. The kids and I went down for a food tasting session recently and the children gave the food the thumbs up. They literally wolfed down the first few dishes! Here are some of our favourites:

Tottbistro1Chicken Cottage Pie ($8.90++) 

With creamy mash covered with a layer of hot, gooey cheese, it was not surprising that the Chicken Cottage Pie was a hit with the kids. Cottage Pie is comfort food, and while I usually prefer beef, the chicken mince in this version is quite good too. I would order this again if I come with the children as it's really easy to feed them and they enjoyed it.

Tottbistro2Tucking in to the Chicken Cottage Pie.

Another dish that the children really enjoyed was the Steak Sandwich and Fries with Coleslaw

Tottbistro3Steak Sandwich and Fried with Coleslaw ($14.90++)

Noey, my sandwich and burger lover really dug this, and of course, both children cleaned up the fries. I found the steak a bit on the thin side, but juicy and pretty decent for the price. I rather liked the coleslaw, which the kids left to me, as it contained raisins and pineapple which added some sweetness to the mix.

Tottbistro4Prawn Noodle Soup ($12.90++)

The dish I liked best was probably the Prawn Noodle Soup. I'm an Asian girl at heart, and the big crunchy prawns in this dish won me over. I think I would have preferred a greater depth of flavour in the soup which was a bit light but I would imagine this would make for an easy lunch on most days.

Tottbistro5Sugar-dusted French Toast with Strawberries ($9.90++)

We all agreed that the Sugar-dusted French Toast with Strawberries was our favourite dish for the night. Light and non-greasy, the toast pieces were absolutely yummy. With the dusting of sugar and the strawberries, I didn't find it necessary to eat this with syrup, though my kids happily did! I only wish there were more pieces on a plate since I only got to take a few bites before my kids finished everything! 

I guess the bottom line is that the ToTT Bistro serves decent food and reasonable prices. While I would not deliberately journey a long distance to eat here, I would certainly keep this as an option for a meal and a spot of shopping when I'm in the area, especially when I have the kids in tow. I like that there are Western and Asian options available for every palate, and of course, the far that it has a little play area is a big plus.

Oh yes, it has a small playground -- did I mention that? There's a room off the Bistro with a climbing/sliding structure that I imagine would be a hit with the under-5s. Then again, my 6-year old was having plenty fun there!

ToTT is also currently celebrating it's 4th anniversary with a SALE -- 10 % off storewide till 31 Oct so this is the time to head down, if any!

ToTT Bistro
896 Dunearn Road,
#01-01A Sime Darby Centre
Singapore 589472
Tel: 6219 7077
Web: www.ToTTstore.com

*We thank ToTT Bistro for the invitation to try their new menu selections! All opinions remain our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...