Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, June 26, 2008

Encore Performance

UNBELIEVABLE.

You would have thought that after my last mix-up with the movie tickets, I won't go right out and DO THE SAME THING AGAIN.

Last Friday, I'd planned to catch SATC with Daph but since my crummy schedule over the week left me unable to confirm our appointment till Friday afternoon, all the tickets for the show at around 9+ were either sold out or we were left with front row seating which was not ideal. Searches for alternatives came up futile since neither of us were quite in the mood for the boys' shows that were being screened: Hulk, Get Smart or Kung Fu Panda.

We were just about resigned to our fate when I decided to check out the sneak previews tab on the cinema website and chanced upon 21. It sounded interesting - way more than any of ther other shows - so I directed Daph's attention to it and we both agreed it sounded like a good option for the night.

Then we made the mistake of letting me buy the tickets.

I volunteered to get the tickets and after being directed to the cinema's booking engine, I gues I must have just looked at the show timings (and not the date) and picked up tickets for 9.25pm show.

We didn't realise the error till we got to the cinema door and the usher seemed very unsure about our tickets. I had even been a little annoyed, wondering what was taking him so long to let us into the theater. Then with a sinking feeling I noticed that the sign at the door of the cinema displaying the name of the movie read "Missing". And before the words came out of his mouth, I knew - the tickets were not for that night. "These tickets are for next Wed", he said, puzzled.

And to think that during dinner and on-route to the cinema, we had kidded about my previous tragic mistake, and about getting the time and the venue right. ARGH.

Needless to say, I was mortified about the error even as I couldn't stop lughing (mostly in horror) at how I could get it wrong again so quickly after the first incident. The only good thing was that this time, at least the tickets were not out of date.

For the mistake, I treated Daph to dessert before we called it a night.

And so it was that DD and I caught a movie in mid-week, even if I had to escape from the office to watch it! Incidentally, would you believe that I actually realised on Wednesday just before leaving the office that I had forgooten to bring the tickets? Thank goodness the usher (after some checking) accepted the print-out of my booking confirmation in place of the tickets.

Goodness. So, any one out there still want to catch a movie with me?

And by the way, we enjoyed 21.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/7/08 07:15

    truly the pregnant brain at work here. hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haiyoh.......... i'm always super kiasu in such situations coz i always have this feeling that i might just get it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nvm....at least u did catch the movie at last with DD! =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. muffin girl >> *groan*. i'm usually bad enough as it is. this is worse!

    michelle >> yah, i know! and i thought i checked this time! *slaps forehead*

    elaine >> yeah, well, yeah, at least the tickets were not wasted. and the move wasn't bad too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm..i'm the one who always ends up at the wrong cinema and i've made the friends end up at the wrong venues too. so now, i'm officially banned from buying movie tickets. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...