Powered by Blog - Widget


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Cars Go Screeching By...

... Without Me.



My precccciousssss tickets... now alas, no longer mine.

Despite the national embarrassment I suffered to obtain these tickets, the show is rolling into town this weekend and I'll have to catch the action on TV. My parents suddenly woke up to the idea that I was actually planning to go to the race this weekend and suddenly they were going on about "the crowds!", "the noise!", "all that walking!", and of course, "what happens if something happens when you're there?". The hubs agrees with them unfortunately so I've been grounded. Drats.

Incidentally my parents have taken over my tickets, which I was complaining was a conflict of interest!

I was still holding out hope that I would get to go look-see on Friday, but today my sister swooped in to collect the tickets so I guess that's that!

Aiyah.

Seriously, I can't exactly walk a long distance so it is somewhat ridiculous for me to expect to make my way there and around circuit park. And DD was a total sweetie, opting to stay back and keep me company instead of attending the race events even though I strongly encouraged him to. Who else was going to take the photos for me? But he didn't want to, so it'll be both of us and the TV this weekend!

In the meantime, I think it's time to go hang out at the shops and hotels to meet a driver or two?

5 comments:

  1. Ack, was just gonna ask if you are going....nvm, there's next year!

    btw, love the profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAH..... you have passes for all race nights!

    hehhe.. very nice profile pic :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous26/9/08 00:40

    It's a shame but there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous26/9/08 03:33

    OH NO OH NO!!! after all that effort babe!!! :p but its worth it lah for baby ong

    ReplyDelete
  5. re the profile pic, i LOVE that shot too :) thanks ron! the pics were great! i've posted quite a few on FB and they've received many compliments!

    lilsnooze >> yeah, i guess there's next year, though it wouldn't be the world's first night race! ah well. hope you had fun!

    shutterbug >> i bought the 3-day passes cos that's all they had for sale in the early sales period! they packaged them all really nicely though i must say.

    muffin girl >> yeah, my parents have volunteered to look after Litle Being for me next year so I can go. haha.

    daph >> yes, i think i would feel worse if something happened to him!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...