Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, March 13, 2009

A Leisurely Lunch

There were many things we used to take for granted, like eating out.

Since Noey's been along, the 2 of us have rarely had the opportunity to go out and have a nice leisurely meal together. I think for the most part, we would much rather have him along with us. But once in a while, it's good to get out a bit and connect, just the 2 of us. Last weekend after Noey obligingly took a nap, DD and I sneaked out for lunch, and not wanting to venture too far, ended up at Tin Hill off Sixth Avenue.

The restaurant was pretty quiet for a Saturday afternoon -- I think other than ourselves, only another table was taken. Bad for the restaurant, but good for us since we were rather well-attended to. I had the 3-course set-lunch for $25 which consisted of:


Crab cakes
These were the server's recommendation and I thought they were rather yummy especially with the green mango thai dressing. I could have done with more!


Miso Cod on Pasta dressed in a Pesto Sauce, covered with Bonito Flakes
This was interesting and despite some initial doubt I thought it was ok.


Banana and Apple crumble
Now this was great. The tartness of the fruit, the vanilla flavour of the ice-cream and the texture of the crumble went well together. The portion was rather generous too.


DD ordered ala carte and got the French Onion Soup and a huge portion of Fish & Chips.


DD with his French Onion Soup. There was a nice thick layer of cheese.


Fish & Chips


Overall the food was decent though I'm not sure when we'll be back. There are plenty of good options around the area and in my past life, I loved trying new places. I kinda miss that. More than that, I also miss having some good solid conversation with the hubs. It's something we're working on and leisurely lunches sure do help!

5 comments:

  1. this is nice! i think it's really important to have couple time even after kids come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tehpeng and I do lunchdates during weekdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous14/3/09 21:02

    That burnt lemon half is really interesting! Did it make any difference in the taste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss having dates.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice :: Have to really make the effort though! It's really hard to find the time.

    Lilsnooze :: Yeah, we plan to get back to doing that! Wow, isn't it far for both of you to travel to meet up?

    Amanda :: I think the lemon had more of a roasted flavour? I'm no expert though. We did get a lot of juice from it...

    Lingz :: Date your hubby out! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...