Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, April 27, 2009

Destination: Perth

We're off to Perth next weekend!

We were planning to go in late May to accommodate certain work committments, but some time just opened up in early May. And while we were doing the "should we or should we not" dance, I came across a SUPER promo fare on SQ that would have us paying only $1238 for 2 of us plus Noey, all taxes included. The base price per ticket per pax was only $208! Too bad the taxes for Australia are so high but I guess that can't be helped. Bugged the husband to confirm his leave arrangements and quickly swooped in on the tickets.

Can't believe we're leaving so soon! Still lots of logistics to sort out, in particular getting Noah's passport issued. Thanks to it being a short week next week, I'm going to have to beg ICA to expedite it. Eeeps. I've got no Plan B so this has to work.

Also praying that this silly swine flu doesn't become a pandemic and ruin my holiday. AHHH.



Edited: 28 April, 2:38PM
Just when I thought I would have to call ICA again -- I had called yesterday and explained the fact that I needed to collect the passport by Thurs, and they said they would call me back but didn't -- I realised that I had received an e-mail from them at 2:31am to say that his passport would be ready for collection from tomorrow. Yay! Hurray for Singaporean efficiency! Now to settle the packing...

17 comments:

  1. He is supercute! Did you take them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute! I'd say supercute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous28/4/09 09:04

    I love these photos of him!

    surely it going to be a nice holiday for you guys!!! have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, he looks so happy in the photos!!!

    Nat had his taken when he was 2 mths old. He so does not look like his passport photo now. It's hilarious.

    Have a good fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. naniecheng28/4/09 14:31

    Enjoy!!! Noey's looking cuter by the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all!!

    Natchin :: Yes, these pics were taken with him propped up on the sofa with his blanket as a backdrop, Daddy behind the camera and Mummy making funny faces behind to make him smile. Haha!

    Silver-crv :: I hope it'll be good! We might be all worn out and need a holiday again after that. Heh.

    Lilsnooze :: They change so much so quickly! Did you bring Nat out of the country when he was 2 months old?

    ReplyDelete
  7. so which was the photo that made it into his passport in the end? they're all v cute. it's so nice that noah has a photo that looks like him. jireh's passport pic was taken at 3 weeks or so and i'm always surprised the immigration officers don't stop us for using a different boy's passport!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noey's expressions are *priceless* in this series! Enjoy your trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. We wanted to bring him in to Kulai to visit leon's grandma...but she passed away before we could...

    ReplyDelete
  10. JnF :: i think it may have been another one altogether! a variant of the one on the right in the 2nd row. at 3 weeks, all babies look alike! :)

    Shyanyan :: Thanks! He does have a lot of expressions, this boy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool!!!! enjoy perth for me! i miss it there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. have fun! I got a mailer from SQ on promo tix, $568 per pax all in, to Perth. I so love krisworld!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lyn :: yes, that's the promo we got! 'twas a very good deal. pity i'll miss meeting you guys tho.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous30/4/09 18:05

    Aiyo your boy is MEGA cute! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. he's more and more leng zai!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the shots! think i desperately need to update k's pic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhhh i realise I missed this post so didnt know you had left for Perth till Jan told me she'd met you and I saw your status update. Amazingly cute pic of the little one :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...