Powered by Blog - Widget


Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Long Weekend That Wasn't

It was the first long weekend in quite a while, but alas, with Noey falling sick on Thursday night, all plans had to be shelved and we instead spent a quiet few days at home.

Noey's continued to have a fever through most of Friday, but by Friday night it broke. When I woke up on Saturday morning to find him rummaging through the drawers next to our bed, I knew he was on the mend. He was more wobbly than usual on Saturday, but by Sunday, except for a runny nose, he was virtually right as rain and raring to go.

I'm not one of those who thinks breastmilk is some miracle drug but it did seem to me like he recovered awfully quickly and I wonder if breastmilk had anything to do with it. I was joking with DD that maybe he should add some EBM to his morning milo, since he falls ill really easily but he wasn't buying it!

Anyway, with Noey down, it was a good thing I hadn't made other plans to catch the National Day Parade and fireworks. Instead we caught the spectacle on TV and we got Noey to participate in the pledge moment at 8.22pm, albeit grudgingly.



Let's hope we fare better with the next long weekend coming up in Sept.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...