Powered by Blog - Widget


Friday, July 04, 2008

The Not-Quite-Essentials

I started with the best intentions.

When Daph buzzed me to give me the heads-up on the Tangs 12% sale on the 2-3 Jul, I thought it would be the ideal time to get a start on working through the list of essential items that different friends had provided to me. You know, stuff like the stroller! crib! car seat! pumps! awholebunchofothernecessarybabyaccessories!

Instead I walked away with:



1 pacifier with a terribly cute turtle in the centre and 1 "I love Daddy and Mummy" milk bottle.

This despite the fact that I: (1) haven't decided whether I would want to start baby on the pacifier at all, and (2) am going to try to breastfeed so may not require bottles quite just yet.

Sigh. I guess this is what happens when I go shopping with your best friend and you get sidetracked by cute stuff that you both just can't resist! All I can say is, thank goodness we didn't also get this really cute bathmat (also a turtle!) that we spotted. I can so imagine DD rolling his eyes at that...

(I did get an airpot and a toaster too though so at least that was productive! Err, right, DD?)

6 comments:

  1. Haha it is so easy to get distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaahah..the milk bottle is cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha at least they're REALLY cute! :)

    fret not babe.. there will be more sales! If not, try Kiddy Palace! :) They have almost everything (if you go to a big outlet) and...

    .... *sheepish* i have a discount card

    *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  4. a pacific and milk bottle ARE essentials. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. lilsnooze >>yesssh, esp when the essentials are just not as cute!

    elaine >> yeah, even the cashier thought so and asked me where i got it! (i paid on a separate floor)

    kopikia >> haha, you're the best lah babe - from clothes to discount cards... i don't think i could survive this pregnancy quite so well without you!

    michelle >> heh! thanks for the affirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I know how you feel...Am in the exact same boat and have not yet purchased anything of significance. My 3in1 steriliser is still ahead as my biggest purchase! I say 'go all out!' with the cute stuff now cos it's only a matter of time before it's your kid's turn to "roll his eyes" at stuff you buy for him right? hehe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...