Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, January 07, 2010

Oh, To Be Young Again!

While I might gripe about my parents living out in the boondocks, I do enjoy the drive I have to make twice a week to go pick Noey home.

(Ok, maybe only on the days when I'm not in a rush and the traffic isn't too heavy! Today was one of those days.)

It is my me-time, cruising along with the radio playing, singing along to tunes or shouting out answers to the radio quizzes/contests or just zoning out. It's almost therapeautic at the end of the day.

Today a song came on air that I must have heard before but had never made an impression. I had to google it when I got back and it's Fallin' for You by Colbie Caillat. When I heard the song today, there was something about the lyrics that just threw me back to those days of falling in love. Probably cos I went through many of the same feelings myself, and I had forgotten, until that moment.

I don’t know but
I think I may be
Fallin’ for you
Dropping so quickly
Maybe I should
Keep this to myself
Waiting ’til I
Know you better

I am trying
Not to tell you
But I want to
I’m scared of what you’ll say
So I’m hiding what I’m feeling
But I’m tired of
Holding this inside my head


At the same time, it struck me how LONG it's been since I've felt that way. It'll be 10 years for DD and I come June. 10 years!!! It's been a decade since I experienced those heady, uncertain feelings, the obsession with all things related to him and the pure magic of falling in love and knowing he loves you back.

I’ve been spending all my time
Just thinking about ya
I don’t know what to do
I think I’m fallin’ for you
I’ve been waiting all my life
and now I found ya
I don’t know what to do
I think I’m fallin’ for you
I’m fallin’ for you


"The uncertainty of youth", DD called it when I told him about it. Indeed. Those times when the highs seemed so impossibly high, and the lows so despairingly low.

I am in a better place now. We and our relationship are in a better place now. And I definitely still love and am in love with my husband. More than ever in fact. But sometimes, nostalgia hits (like it is hitting now) and I miss that feeling when you first fall in love. I don't think that's something that can be re-created.

Ok, I'm going to stop before I sound like even more of a sap! Those days of youth are past, but still something to be remembered. I just wanted to remember that.

3 comments:

  1. Haha so cute. I must tell you I don't miss that feeling at all because I hate uncertainties and I don't handle rejections very well. Which is why I got married pretty fast. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! Thanks for sharing this song! It has been 8 years for us and I certainly did experience the essence of the lyrics, esp para 1. When I get into these nostalgic moods, I sometimes pull out old emails/SMSes that we used to exchange and read them again for fun! (Or embarrass R by showing him what he used to write! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww even i feel nostalgic... about giving u a hard time about your 'friend' (said in most annoying way imaginable) who u were on the phone with at dinnertime when we knocked on the door :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...