Powered by Blog - Widget


Monday, January 04, 2010

Finally, The Cinema

Determined not to let the year be a complete wash-out at the movies, on the eve of New Year's Eve, DD and I forced out some time and went to catch Avatar 3D.


First movie caught in the cinema in 2009 on 30 Dec!


Yes, it was our first movie date at the cinema since Noey. And yes, we had to take leave to finally be able to find the time to commit 3 hours to watching a film. It's all very loser-ly on our part, but at least we can say, in the end, we finally made it.

It helped that we really enjoyed the film too! Even if it really wasn't the type of film I would ordinarily choose to watch, let alone enjoy. In fact, I was very doubtful when I realised that Sigourney Weaver was in the film -- it's not that I don't think she's a good actress, but the movies she likes to do are just not my cup of tea -- but the good reviews from friends won me over. "Dances with Wolves with Aliens" was how a friend described it and I think it is entirely apt. I was also very impressed by the 3D effects although it did give me a bit of a headache. (I very easily get motion-sick.) Altogether a good movie to break our duck.

Let's hope we manage to fare better at the cinema in 2010!

7 comments:

  1. Both my hubby and son had a great time watching it in IMAX 3D. They even came back with a special mug and popcorn holder. Of course, the Ikran has become Narelle's current favourite toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa my friends likened it to Pocahontas! But yup, was a great watch! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the show. I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't in 3D I think, coz like you I got a headache and even got nauseous halfway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'duck'?

    good thing you didnt get the wrong day tickets this time hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. serline :: wow, IMAX 3D would have been evening more of a spectacle. Though it would probably have given me more of a headache! You didn't catch the show yourself?

    bmuse :: that's quite accurate too! the blue pple were obviously based on the red indians.

    michelle :: yeah, plus wearing those specs were annoying.

    daphne :: that's the phrase, no? and yes, i now double check now! that was just a terrible period!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lyn kang7/1/10 10:30

    we caught it too... i liked the floating jellyfish tree seeds and the phosphorescence but not the new agey content.

    it was our second movie of 2009, caught on the last days of Dec as well. first was blue mansion. such is life, for the non-dINKs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn :: I hear you on the new agey content - that was a bit much for me as well. But I was so happy to be in the cinema, I forgave many things! Haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...