Powered by Blog - Widget


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Big Hugs


I have been told before that boys are less affectionate than girls but when I look at my son, I can't believe that to be the case.

My favourite part of the day everyday is the moment when I step into the house. Each and every time, I would be greeted with a delighted "MUMMY!" as he runs towards me to give my legs a huge hug. He'd then ask to be carried and give me a good proper hug and pat my shoulder. And if I'd been away the whole day, he would usually also put his face in front of mine, sometimes using his hands to turn my face towards him, and give me a giant smile, before hugging me some more. It totally, totally makes my day.

(Noey loves his Papa too, but Mama is still No.1. When we step in together or if DD steps in first, he would almost always look past him to look for me. I feel bad for DD when that happens because I know he's missed Noey as much as I have, but he totally loves it that Noey loves his Mummy so much. This is yet another reason why I love my husband so!)

I know this he definitely got from his Papa who is far more demonstrative than I am. And I'm glad. I also know that as he gets older, he will almost certainly be less keen on bestowing hugs on ol' Mum here and having us kiss and cuddle him. But till then, we're enjoying it for as long as it lasts!

4 comments:

  1. Exactly my sentiments! Its so nice that they are so affectionate huh!

    (and yes, I also think nat takes after tehpeng in this aspect!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt is also very affectionate! he hugs and kisses us too. now he extends the affection by patting my tummy and calling "didi" when he does that.

    btw, a friend once told me that every mum must have a son, and every dad must have a daughter. you girls have achieved that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww such a sweetheart :) Can u get him to give me a hug too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilsnooze :: hah, funny how we mums are the less affectionate ones! hopefully our girls take after their dads in this respect too.

    candice :: matt is so sweet really!

    daphne :: of course!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...