Powered by Blog - Widget


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Grow Grow Grow

Remember that mini garden Noey put together at Hort Park a couple of weeks back? I'd forgotten how easily green bean plants germinate and how quickly they grow!

Monday morning: Little roots germinating.

Tuesday morning: Some of the shoots have already come up and leaves are starting to unfurl. If you look carefully, you'll see that a couple of the corn seeds have also put out roots.

My little gardener. Obviously more interested in digging things up than leaving them to grow.

Wednesday morning.

Thursday morning: !!!!

Noey admiring his mini-jungle.

Of course with the plants having grown so impressively, I was reluctant to simply let them die out. So I went to buy some soil and pots to re-pot them and see how much they could grow. Then I chanced on a basil plant at the super market and thought, hey, why don't I just grow one so that I could stop buying packets of basil for that little that I use in some of my dishes. And since it's Christmas soon enough, I grabbed a couple of poinsettia for for good measure. So now, I -- suddenly -- have a small, very random collection of plants sitting on my balcony needing care and attention. Well, I'm not really known to have green fingers so I'll see how long they last!

4 comments:

  1. This is cooool!! haha will try this with YK!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done you! random happy little garden created just like that voila! and seriously that was quick growth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like plants but unfortunately lack the green fingers. Wanted very badly to have a flourishing desert rose potted plant (fu4 gui4 hua1), bought one a few CNYs ago, and finally decided to give it a decent burial. It was really suffering. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. kopikia :: i imagine your little professor would be quite interested. haha! i really didn't expect it to grow that quickly. was actually quite fascinating for me too!

    daphne :: yeah, now i'm wondering how long i can keep them alive!

    lyndis :: i'm just like you Lyn. my MIL on the other hand can make anything grow. pity D is like the opposite of her -- he can kill any plant!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...